Thursday, July 01, 2004

Babys fallen... and Gma cant get up... (fast enough)

GMa is tired when i get home. You can see it in her face and hear it in her voice. Taking care of baby boy is her joy and is running her down. But she cannot keep up with him.

This morning I asked her if she knew what the red mark on his cheek was... (i noticed it during his bath last night) she said he fell against the table leg when he was across the room from her yesterday. She said he was walking across the room towards the dog's bed (which is under the table and 7 or 8 feet from the couch) and by the time she got up from the couch to go after him, he was on his way head first into the table leg... I tried not to have a huge reaction... he seemed ok and I know she is trying and I know she feels bad. In an attempt to try and make us both feel better I said - "wow, he is so fast, I know its hard to keep up with him..." I even told her the story about my friend at work who said that once his daughter started walking - in every picture they took of her - she has a bump or scratch on her face or head...

when i left for work this morning I said lightly - "ok so remember, only let speedy be loose - if you are going to be up and chasing him around - otherwise its okay to keep him in the walker..."

I worry about the baby sometimes and hate having to remind/educate her about what i think are common sense safety issues... but I try to do it in as light and non-freaked out way as I can...

No comments: